Monday, May 16, 2005

SABLE

I learned a new acronym at the NH Sheep and Wool Festival: SABLE -- Stash Accumulation Beyond Life Expectancy. I should have known that I would go in this direction, as I tend to go all-out-crazy in collecting the best of the best supplies for whatever new hobby I've taken on. And ha ha ha ha, as I was googling "SABLE Stash" to confirm the acronym, I found Clothesknit's 'Reality Check' blog entry, which includes the best idea I've heard all day/week/month: THE YARN DIET. Clothesknit credits the idea to someone named Sharon, whom I don't know well enough (at all) to feel I could just write her name without an explanation... but if she indeed came up with it, she's my heroine today.
Anywho, I'm fat as hell now, and I love yarn, so the yarn diet sounds like a plan. Something like losing 5 pounds means $50 for the stash. I think I might make that first $50 go toward something to PUT the ever-growing stash IN, however, as I've filled my mom's yarn trunk (ok, partially filled with her stash and my grandmother's stash), and yarn is now taking over the apartment, much to the boyfriend's horror. Actually, he probably doesn't notice. He doesn't notice much these days, except me noticing that he doesn't notice much, which he just notices as nagging. I hate the thought that I could be a nag. And I've drifted all over the place in this post....

No comments: