Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Next up: Sophie3?

Sophie3.... will she be in Kureyon, or the same Manos as Sophie2, but with a Fibonacci-striped addition of the gold/maroon/brown/yellow frufru yarn that I used in Sophie1?
I'm thinking, I'll add one stitch on each of the 4 sides to get one extra decrease, and therefore (is there an e at the end of that? I see it both ways) 10 extra rows to allow the Fibonacci pattern to be more perfect. Skipping the first 0 and 1 in the sequence yields [1,2,3,5,8,13]. Then I'll have the plain yarn stripes count down on the way up the purse, and the frufru stripes count up.
regular (frufru) :: 13(1)8(2)5(3)3(5)2(8)1(13).
So, that's 13 rows plain, 1 row with frufru, 8 rows plain, 2 rows frufru, ... ad nauseum.
Of course, I should be working on my thesis.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the Fibonacci Sequence! I did a paper on Fibonacci for my undergrad degree.

0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 ... i heart numbers!

Unknown said...

http://www.fuzzygalore.biz/articles/fibonacci_seq.shtml

I came across this today and thought of you. Have you seen it already?

VelvetMarmoset said...

Oooh. I hadn't seen that until you showed me! After all the searching I did for something exactly like that.... Thanks for telling me!